Magic Find Sorceress Build -D2R 2.6
The sorceress is the fittest build for magic finding due to the great mobility and extremely fast movement provided by the teleport skill, and the high amount of achievable elemental damage. There are cheap and efficient magic find gearing options available for the beginning of a new ladder season, so it's the best starter character if you are looking to farm and find gear. Baal or Chaos Sanctuary runs and Uber Tristram has several monsters with elemental immunities and monsters with very high damage output, so soloing these areas will be problematic. Survivability can be boosted by wearing defensive items at the expense of reduced magic find %. The build can achieve 1000% magic find within a reasonable budget, and be efficient enough for solo MFing.
Mercenary Guide | Magic Find Guide | Charms Guide | Quest Rewards Guide | Hardcore Guide | Levelling Guide | Secret Cow Level Guide | Restating and Skilling Guide | Item Upgrade Guide | Cube Recipe Guide
Attacking skills: Our attacking skill is going to be Frozen Orb, while Static Field should also be used against high life monsters and Bosses. Against Cold Immune monsters we will have to rely on our Mercenary, so a high damage weapon like The Reaper's Toll has to be geared on the Merc. Tele-stomping can be used against single target monsters, as teleporting brings your mercenary with you, but this attacking strategy should be used carefully as you might die if it's done against high damage monsters.
Movement: For movement outside of town we will entirely rely on Teleport, and you should walk instead of run as it improves survivability drastically as you don't receive any chance to block penalties while walking. Having a high faster cast rate % can help you get to Bosses quickly. You should aim for the 63% FCR (9 frame teleport) or the 105% FCR (8 frame teleport) breakpoints in order to get to Bosses like Mephisto, Andariel or the Countess quickly.
Survivability: The Magic Find Sorc's survivability is better than most sorc's, but you should be very careful on Hardcore in MF gear. The main difference compared to other sorceress builds is that high level Shriver Armor and the high level Energy Shield, both of which improves survivability greatly. As switch weapon we are going to use a 6*IST rune socketed crystal sword and a 4*IST rune socketed monarch to gain an additional 250% magic find while killing any boss, however a Call to Arms runeword can be carried in your inventory that allows you to buff your life and mana by casting Battle Orders, which almost doubles your overall life and mana.
Party and Solo play: Soloing with an MF sorc can be done if you are farming non cold-immune Bosses, but at areas like the Chaos Sanctuary of the Throne of Destruction you will have to rely on your party to get rid of cold immune monsters. When the party kills a boss, you should make sure that you are the one delivering the fatal attack and kill the boss, so your magic find percentage is applied to the drop.
Magic Find: The Magic Find Sorceress is the perfect build for MFing. If you are looking for a build that clears areas with high monster density, it's not the most effective choice, but if you want to farm Bosses and single targets it is the most effective choice. It is also the best magic finding character after a ladder season start.
Strength: Put just enough points on it to be able to wear your gear.
Dexterity: Put just enough points on it to be able to wear your gear.
Vitality: Put all remaining points on it.
Energy: Don't put any points on it.
- 20 points on Frozen Orb + 1 point on prerequisite skills
- 20 point on Cold Mastery
- 20 points on Ice Bolt (Synergy)
- 1 point on Warmth
- 1 point on Static Field
- 1 point on Teleport +1 point on prerequisites
- 1 point on Energy Shield + prerequisites
- 20 point on Shiver Armor, 1 point on Chilling Armor and 1 point on Frozen Armor
- Remaining points on Energy Shield
- If your survivability is good enough, you can put points on Warmth instead of Shiver Armor or Energy shield to increase your mana recovery, so you don't need to rely on potions
Breakpoints - Check out our Sorceress Breakpoints guide.
The listed items are organized by slots.
- The usefulness rating of an item is based on how good it is for farming.
- The price rating reflects the cost of the item (cheaper ones are available after ladder starts as budget options), higher price ratings reflect exponentially higher cost for an item.
- Magic Find ratings are added to items that are good options for MFing.
Adding sockets and improving your items
- If you complete the act5 quest Siege on Harrogath, Larzuk will grant extra socket/sockets to your items. Use the quest to add sockets to your gear and put useful jewels, runes or gems in your item sockets.
- You can also upgrade your unique items from normal to exceptional quality and from exceptional to elite by using Horadric Cube recipes. After upgrading, your armor pieces will have more defense, and your weapon pieces will have more damage. The downside of upgrading is the increased strength/dexterity requirements.
- To increase your cold damage, put +5/-5 Cold Rainbow Facets in your item sockets.
- Tal Rasha's set helm - usefulness 7/10, price 2/10, Magic find 7/10
- Harlequin Crest Shako unique helm - Usefulness 8/10, price 6/10, Magic Find 10/10
- Tal Rasha's set amulet - usefulness 7/10, price 6/10, Magic find 7/10
- Magic amulet with 40-50% to magic find - price 5/10, Magic Find 10/10
- Spirit Crystal Sword -usefulness 6/10, price 2/10
- Wizardspike unique weapon - usefulness 6/10, price 4/10
- Tal Rasha's set weapon - usefulness 6/10, price 3/10, Magic Find 7/10
- The Oculus unique weapon - usefulness 8/10, price 5/10
- Heart of the Oak runeword - usefulness 10/10, price 6/10
- Lidless Wall - usefulness 5/10, price 2/10
- Stormshield - usefulness 8/10, price 4/10
- Spirit Monarch - usefulness 8/10, price 2/10
- Call to Arms Runeword (keep it in inventory) - usefulness 10/10, price 7/10
- Blade of Alibaba - magic find 6/10, price 3/10, switch when killing boss
- Gull's Dagger - magic find 7/10, price 3/10, switch when killing boss
- 6*Ist crystal sword - magic find -10/10, switch when killing boss
- 4*Ist monarch - magic find 10/10, switch when killing boss
- Tal Rasha's set armor - usefulness 6/10, price 6/10, Magic Find 7/10
- Skullder's Ire - usefulness 6/10, price 5/10, magic find 10/10
- Tal Rasha's set belt - usefulness 7/10, price 3/10
- Goldwrap unique belt - magic find 10/10, price 3/10
- Nagelring - magic find 9/10, price 3/10
- Magic rings with 40% MF - magic find 10/10, price 6/10
- Chance guards unique gloves - magic find 10/10, price 3/10
- War Traveler unique boots - usefulness 6/10, price 5/10, magic find 10/10
- Annihilus unique charm - usefulness 10/10, price 8/10
- Hellfire Torch unique charm - usefulness 10/10, price 6/10
- Gheed's fortune unique charm - magic find 10/10, price 4/10
- 7% to magic find magic small charms - magic find 10/10, price 3/10
Have a Normal Act2 Combat or Defensive Mercenary (Prayer or Defiance aura) to provide you with mana and life regeneration, or additional defense.
Ethereal items don't lose durability if your mercenary wears them, so having ethereal item bases for each gear slot is preferred due to their increased defense on armor items and increased damage on weapons. In many instances ethereal items that are great for mercenaries will be much more expensive than non-ethereal ones.
- Any 3 socketed helm with 3 perfect diamond to increase mercenary resistances and survivability - usefulness 5/10, price 1/10
- Tal Rasha's set helm - usefulness 6/10, price 3/10
- Vampire Gaze unique helm - usefulness 7/10, price 4/10
- Guillame's face set helm - usefulness 8/10, price 4/10
- Andariel's Visage unique helm - usefulness 10/10, price 5/10
- Insight runeword to provide you with meditation aura so you never run out of mana - preferably in elite base - usefulness 7/10, price 4/10
- Infinity runeword - usefulness 7/10, price 8/10
Rpgstash.com will have D2R items in its Ladder selection already on day 1. We will be doing our best to let you buy 2.4 ladder items right at the beginning of the season including the new runewords, so you can climb the ladder rankings as fast as possible!
If you want to get the best items and runewords in the game, check out our D2R Store.