Meteor Sorceress Build Guide D2R 2.6
Meteor Sorc Introduction
Meteor Sorcs became a viable build to farm any game content due to the introduction of Sunder grand charms. With patch 2.6, their popularity grows, as Meteor deals immense damage to enemy monsters. By choosing to play a Meteor sorc, you will be able to farm Hell in a new ladder season within 2 days!
A huge benefit of any sorceress is that they can use the Teleport skill, with which their movement speed is unrivalled. You will be able to move to any Boss effortlessly within a minute. Andariel, Mephisto or Countess farming runs will be doable with lightning fast speed.
Meteor sorcs have a unique playstyle. You have to aim well in order to hit monsters, but you will one-hit pretty much any normal monster, as meteor’s damage is up to 50k. There are many Fire Immune monsters in the game, but by wearing a Sunder grand charm and -% fire resistance on your gear you will be able to farm at any area.
Attacking skills: You should use Fire Ball in your left skill slot and Meteor in your right skill slot for attacking. Since Meteor requires the same synergies as Fire Ball, your Fire Ball damage will also be immense, up to 20k+.
Movement: You should move via teleport, which is by far the quickest way to get to any area. High FCR% gear will help your teleportation speed, try to aim for 105% FCR, or if you are willing to compromise on damage in exchange for teleport speed, aim for 200% FCR.
Survivability: Fire Sorcs unfortunately have poor survivability. You will need to rely on charms and a Call to Arms switch weapon to be somewhat resilient against enemy attacks, especially physical ones. Due to this, I don’t suggest the build for Hardcore. Frozen Armor and Energy Shield boost survivability, but even with those casted you can still be killed if you are not cautious. 75% all resistance is a must, and having some damage reduction % on your gear can also help a lot.
Party and Solo play: Your playstyle should be the same in parties as in Solo. You will most likely be the main damage dealer of the party. You can also help your party out by teleporting to targeted locations.
Magic Find: As with any other sorceress build, Fire Sorcs are great at magic finding if you gear them properly. They can have up to 800% MF, and can farm Bosses quickly with very high efficiency. You will even be able to farm areas like the Chaos Sanctuary or Throne of Destruction, but you should keep your distance from monster packs as a bigger pack can easily kill you.
Strength: Have 156 strength in total to be able to wear a Spirit Monarch.
Dexterity: Put just enough points on it to be able to wear your items..
Vitality: Put all the rest of your available points on it.
Energy: Don’t put any points on it
Fire Skill Tree:
- Put a point on Meteor prerequisites and Warmth.
- Max out Meteor, Fire Mastery, Fire Ball, Fire Bolt. Max out Inferno lastly from your remaining skill points at higher levels.
- Max out Hydra
Lightning Skill Tree:
- Put a point on Telekinesis and Teleport
- Put a point on Energy Shield
Cold Skill Tree:
- Put a point on Frozen Armor
Meteor Sorc Gearing Options
- Flickering Flame Runeword ➤ The best helm choice for damage and fire resistance boosting
- Harlequin Crest Shako ➤ Has great offensive and defensive qualities, also a great choice for Magic Find and Hardcore.
- Tal Rasha’s Horadric Crest ➤ A decent choice at early ladder.
- Crown of Ages ➤ You should consider using it on Hardcore.
- Lore runeword ➤ A great ladder starter helm.
- Mara’s Kaleidoscope ➤ The best choice for balanced defense and offense.
- Tal Rasha’s Adjudication ➤ A decent choice at early ladder.
- Magic Amulet with Magic Find% ➤ The best amulet for Magic Finding.
- Magic or Rare Amulet with Fire Skills, or Faster Cast Rate ➤ Good ladder starter.
- Ormus’ Robes ➤ The highest damage body armor! Try to get one with +3 to Meteor or +3 to Fire Mastery skills!
- Chains of Honor ➤ The best balanced armor for both defense and offense, solves resistance problems
- Skin of the Vipermagi ➤ An efficient choice, helps reaching high FCR breakpoints.
- Tal Rasha’s Guardianship ➤ A decent choice at early ladder, especially for Magic Find
- Skullder’s Ire ➤ The best Magic Finding option.
- Stealth Runeword ➤ A good budget ladder starter.
- Eschuta’s Temper ➤ The highest damage weapon choice.
- The Oculus ➤ The best for Magic Finding.
- Heart of the Oak runeword ➤ Great both for offense and defense.
- Spirit Crystal Sword ➤ A budget choice, but greatly effective
- Wizardspike ➤ Decent choice for early ladder, great for defense and grants a lot of FCR.
- Spectral Shard ➤ A good budget ladder starter.
- Tal Rasha’s Lidless Eye ➤ A decent choice at early ladder
- Spirit Monarch ➤ The highest damage shield choice.
- Stormshield ➤ The best defensive choice.
- Lidless Wall ➤ Use it if you don’t want to invest a lot in strength.
- Rhyme runeword ➤ A decent budget ladder starter.
- Call to Arms ➤ Almost doubles survivability with Battle Orders, every build needs a CTA.
- 6*Ist Crystal Sword ➤ When killing bosses, switch to it for +150%MF at kill.
- Spirit Monarch ➤ Boosts Call to Arms’ Battle Orders and Battle Command
- Lidless Wall ➤ Use it if you don’t want to invest a lot in strength.
- 4*Ist Monarch ➤ When killing bosses, switch to it for +100%MF at kill.
- The Stone of Jordan ➤ The best ring for damage.
- Raven Frost ➤ Great option against cold damage and being frozen
- 10% FCR Rare Ring ➤ If you don’t reach the 105% breakpoint, I suggest using FCR rings. With resistances, they can be great for defense too.
- Nagelring ➤ A good Magic Finding choice.
- Magefist ➤ The best offensive gloves.
- Frostburn ➤ Provides a huge mana boost, great for Energy Shield.
- Chance Guards ➤ The best Magic Finding choice.
- Trang-Oul’s Claws ➤ Grants 20% FCR like magefist, and also great for cold resistance.
- Arachnid Mesh ➤ The highest damage belt, also great for FCR.
- Verdungo’s Hearty Cord ➤ Great defensive belt, consider it for Hardcore
- Tal Rasha’s Fine-Spun Cloth ➤ A decent choice at early ladder or for Magic Finding
- Goldwrap ➤ The best Magic Finding choice.
- Nightsmoke ➤ A decent budget ladder starter.
- Triple resist 30% FRW boots ➤ The best choice for survivability
- Sandstorm Trek ➤ One of the best choices for survivability, especially if ethereal.
- Waterwalk ➤ Another great choice for survivability
- War Traveler ➤ The best for Magic Finding.
- Annihilus ➤ A must have item for every build.
- Sorceress Hellfire Torch ➤ Another must have item.
- Fire Sunder charm ➤ Another must have item to remove immunities
- +1 to Fire skills grand charm ➤ If you can afford it, try to have them with +life. +FHR
- + All resistances small charm ➤ If you can afford it, try to have them with +life.
- + Life small charm ➤ If you can afford it, try to have them with +mana.
- + Fire resist small charms ➤ They help to compensate for the fire Sunder charm
- Fire Rainbow Facet ➤ The best choice for damage boosting.
- Ist rune ➤ The best choice for Magic Finding.
- Um rune ➤ Use it for allresist boosting if needed.
- Ral Rune ➤ Use it to boost fire resist
- Perfect Diamond ➤ Can use it instead of Um runes in shields and helms.
Have an Act2 mercenary with Holy Freeze aura for crowd control.
Ethereal items don’t lose durability if your mercenary wears them, so having ethereal item bases for each gear slot is preferred due to the increased defense on armor items and increased damage on weapons. In many instances ethereal items that are great for mercenaries will be much more expensive than non-ethereal ones.
- Any 3 socketed helm with 3 perfect diamond ➤ increase mercenary resistances and survivability
- Tal Rasha’s set helm ➤ a decent choice
- Vampire Gaze unique helm - ➤ another decent choice
- Guillame’s face set helm - usefulness ➤ only use it with high merc defensive abilities
- Andariel’s Visage unique helm ➤ the best helm choice
- Insight runeword ➤ provides meditation aura so you never run out of mana
- Bonehew unique weapon ➤ simply a good choice
- Tomb Reaver unique weapon ➤ the highest damage choice
- The Reaper’s Toll unique weapon ➤ great for both offense and defense
- Infinity runeword ➤ the best choice for offense
- Treachery runeword ➤ great for both defense and offense, a budget choice
- Fortitude runeword ➤ the best choice for both defense and offense
Ladder Starter / Budget Meteor Sorc Gear
Lore Runeword Helm ▬ 10% FCR Amulet ▬ Stealth Runeword Body Armor ▬ Spirit Crystal Sword Weapon ▬ Spirit Monarch Shield ▬ No Switch Weapon and Shield ▬ 10% FCR Rings ▬ Trang-Oul’s Claws Gloves ▬ Nightsmoke Belt ▬ Rare Boots with resistances ▬ Life and Resistance charms ▬ Perfect Diamond Item Sockets
Best Meteor Sorc Gear
Flickering Flame Helm ▬ Mara’s Kaleidoscope Amulet ▬ Ormus’ Robes Body Armor ▬ Eschuta’s Temper Weapon ▬ Spirit Monarch Shield ▬ Call to Arms Switch Weapon ▬ Spirit Monarch Switch Shield ▬ 10% FCR triple resist Rings ▬ Magefist Gloves ▬ Arachnid Mesh Belt ▬ 30% FRW triple resist boots ▬ Annihilus ▬ Sorc Hellfire Torch ▬ Fire Sunder charm ▬ +1 Fire Skills, +Life, + Fire resist and +Mana Charms ▬ +5/-5 Fire Rainbow Facet Item Sockets
If you'd rather skip farming you can quickly buy D2R Items from our D2R Store.